Thursday, January 29, 2015

Fitness Over 40Something - Job for health

Excellent past two days! The snow had been bad enough on Tuesday but I was good to go on Wednesday. One of the things that got me through those twenty two years I worked out was a mindset I want to keep. I compared my job to the gym. All of my life I have worked jobs that may or may not have been fun. I went to these jobs because I needed to support myself. I had bills to pay and shoes to buy! The gym, in my mind, is a job. It is a necessary function for a purpose just like a job. Just like I have to work to support myself, I have to workout to support my health. That is why I implemented the Cardio Bank, which is just like Comp time. That is why I give myself sick days, vacation days, and personal days. I keep it Monday through Friday with weekends off. No makeup times for any days taken, just like a job. I can't imagine telling my boss that I can't make it Wednesday but I will be in Saturday! I do this not to give myself reasons to not go to the gym but to allow myself a break so I keep going to the gym. Just like labor laws protect me, I created gym laws to help me. In doing this I have found that I not only keep going but I enjoy it as well. I work out before or after work as a continuation of my job and also take the days off that I take off from my job. This way I do not feel overwhelmed, and I do not feel pressured. So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment