Friday, January 23, 2015

Fitness Over 40Something - Before and After


It's Friday! I changed my profile picture. That is a picture of when I worked out, not now. I often wonder how people have "before" pictures. I have had many "befores" but never any pictures. I don't like taking pictures when I don't feel good about the way I look. It's kind of sad when I look at the past two years that me an my fiancé have been together. Pictures of the dogs, the cats. Pictures of him at places we went. Pictures of him with the dogs and the cats. Come to think of it I look more like a creepy stalker then his fiancé. I put that picture up to remind me. Remind me that it is not age that matters but health. I was more healthy then and I am on my way now!
Worked on Biceps today. I was able to do 70lbs assist on pull-ups! Just one and not quite to my chin but I am getting there. The mindset changes I have made are working very well. I noticed the only time I note the time is on cardio. I have to make sure I stick to my miles and not time. Time can hurt me. I am the type of person who puts emphasis on what I am told is the magic time. Instead of quality I become fixated on quantity.  Minutes cannot define my workout, that is a prison I must not lock myself into again. I do, however, note the time for my Cardio Bank. Since I am clearing 2 miles in 30 mins, anything after that goes into the bank. With my mindset changes, my love for the gym is returning and a bonus that comes with that is feeling great. Feeling great? No, I meant feeling awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment