Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Fitness Over 40Something - I'm Still Here!

I am still here! Friday was too risky with the snow. I felt bad about it and wondered why. I realized again I set myself up for failure every time I do not give myself some kind of a break. From now on a snow day is a day off. Holidays are days off and most of all the weekends are days off. What I established as a weekend are two days in a row just like a job. I mean, just like a job, working out is something that is important and necessary. So, like a job, I get breaks and days off. Just like my excuses that tell me not to work out need to be redefined, so do the excuses to work out too much need to be redefined. 
So! It is Monday and I was back and revived. My chest workout was today and it was amazing. Incline bench, push-ups, fly's, and bench press. I paid closer attention to my form. It hurt my ego to lower the weight but what was the sense of high weight and bad form? Then I walked on the treadmill. I actually broke into a jog! I was never able to do that. I was always too scared of falling. Nice feeling, it really was. And... I walked 3.5 miles. New thing I learned today? Miles are so much better then time. I mean what feels better as a goal? 4 miles or over an hour? 4 is a little number with bigger excitement. I also noticed how I stopped at 3.5 miles. I was tired at that point and my body had enough. Now 4 miles is something to look forward to instead of something I am constantly trying to match. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment