Thursday, January 22, 2015

Fitness Over 40Something - Cardio Bank

Worked out legs today. My leg workout is the absolute most important workout for me. Many women who ask me about it say that they don't want to workout their legs because they are afraid they will get bulky. I have found the results the opposite. Born with "junk in the trunk" and "thunder thighs" bodybuilding makes my legs sculpted and appear thinner. I noticed in my two year break from lifting that inevitable sound of "swish, swish" as I walked. In just three weeks that sound is gone. I was worried for awhile that I would start a fire which would only come handy if I was lost in the woods. I also started what I call a "Cardio Bank". Any time over 30mins on cardio I store in this bank for days that I am sick, days I have to cancel the gym, or simply a day when I want to just get home and relax. I figure if I do just 5 mins extra each day that is 25 extra minutes a week! Today I went for 7. My fiancĂ© will laugh when he reads this because I have some fascination with the number 7 when it comes to amounts of things I want. I like to go to a local famous pizza place and order "just 7" of their garlic dipping sauces. I always get a curious look and a comment of "just 7?" or "exactly 7?" The cashier yells it to the back and usually the person back there comes up to the front and asks, "exactly 7?" To me its more then the normal 5 and who knows when I will be back, it's all I can eat there anyway. So today I have 7 minutes stored in my "Cardio Bank". I worked even harder in this seven minutes so I remember when I take a day off  it was stored returning higher interest. And if I never use the Cardio Bank? Well then its an extra bonus on the way to a healthier heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment