Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Fitness Over 40Something - Taking it Easy

The more I change my mindset, the more I consciously think about what my body really needs, the more I want to workout. As I think about it I realize it is the opposite of what I had done in the past. Sure, what I did in the past lasted for 22 years, but I am living longer then 22 years. Not only am I living longer then 22 years but the want and the need to be fit is now and as I get older. In the past, I would have forced myself to get to the gym when sick, forced myself when tired and pushed beyond limits that were not healthy. And then? And then I would hate working out. I would have to force myself on happy healthy days filled with time. Now? Now that I am forcing myself to rest when sick, when I took a day off when it was snowing, I not only long to workout but I would have to force myself to stay home. I find this opposite reaction intriguing. Is this what I should have read in the magazines? Is this what the posters at the gym really mean to say? I would hope so because this is different. It is strong, powerful and doable. Todays workout was back. I chose back because it is the most relaxing for me. Sounds weird since it is bodybuilding, but when done on low scale weight it feels like a massage. When I got on the treadmill I walked a nice slow pace. The purpose of today's workout was to satisfy both the mind and body. After being ill for three days I took it easy keeping in mind that my body needed energy to fight and heal and my mind needed understand that. Maybe I am getting wiser as I am getting older. Maybe parents are right when they don't let you have that expensive porcelain doll when you are young for fear you wont appreciate it enough to take good care of it. Hmmm , makes me wish I was given my body when I was old enough to appreciate it and take good care of it. At least I realized this now and I am fully grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment