Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Fitness Over 40Something - Snowing

And so it is snowing today. I don't drive in the snow. At least I did not drive in the snow until now which scares me. Is this new start to fitness just another short surge like a blizzard? Will it melt just as snow does when its fury has ended? I am not sure. My new mindset is telling me it does not matter, just go. Before I even get to the gym I decided on triceps today. How great it felt to just work on those, I was able to make sure my form was correct. I was able to try heavier weight on the second set. I do three sets of eight, with the middle set being the heaviest weight. Before I would rush through it. I also would go too heavy on this set. My form would be compromised and it would not matter as long as I completed the workout. This is what happens when too much emphasis is put on what I read or heard. It never occurred to me that the workouts I learned over the years could have been best for that person but not for me. Now, with doing just one body part a day, once a week,  I slow it down and concentrate only on that. Of course it worries me that results won't be the same but how do I know that yet? I complete this workout and start my walk on the treadmill. Nice.  I did more then negative again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment