Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Fitness Over 40Something - Learning Something New

I felt really drained this morning. In the news saw a cat that had been hurt badly by some one with a firecracker. Drains me. I wanted to resort to having a beer and drown the thought away. You see animals are my thing. Actually anything vulnerable is my thing. I told myself it's my choice. I got in the car and went to the gym. I had no energy, no desire. All I kept thinking is "just walk in the door". And so I did. I decided on legs today. It's one of the good things about my new plan of one target area a day. I can change it up without being restricted to "today has to be this, tomorrow must be that". And it is easy to accomplish without feeling I will be there for hours while I am in this funk. So I did my squats. Still feeling drained I went to the text from my buddy last week showing me a better way to do squats. To my surprise it was the lift I needed. Learning something new made me feel not only entertained but fueled my desire like a car nearly out of gas. I watched the video he sent me and with headphones in, learned the technique. It felt awesome! After that I completed two other exercises with increasing weight and hopped onto the treadmill. 3.5 miles again but who cares if it was not my goal of 4 miles yet! I did two good things today. Two beneficial things today. I signed a petition to help that cat and gave myself health.

No comments:

Post a Comment