Monday, February 2, 2015

Fitness Over 40Something - Medicine

I can't lie to myself, it was hard to get to the gym this morning. My new mindset is great but days like these are tough. Days like these, when I have so much on my mind make it very difficult to focus on working out. My township gave me a hard time about my dog's rabies shot expiring in August and September. They needed it to expire in November. So what did this mean? I had to call the vet and ask to get an appointment for two dogs quick. I also went through the worry of overlapping the rabies vaccination. The township clerk was not at all sympathetic to my worry and pretty much told me to "find a way or incur the late fees". I had already sent in the form the first week of January and had it returned twice so even in my struggles I will be incurring a late fee. My vet assured me that the overlap will not hurt my dogs and we packed them up and got the shot. And so here I am tired, annoyed and unable to focus. But I went to the gym. I went and while working realized what a better choice this was. I got my sympathy from the gym, go figure. I got the feeling of strength and accomplishment. Best of all it was the gym that calmed me down and made me focused so I could continue the rest of my day. Not a bad "medicine" if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment