Friday, January 16, 2015

Fitness Over 40Something - Not Good for My Age..., Great for My Age!

It's Friday!!! Typically this would have been my biggest motivation day. My sister and I would go out on a Friday and Saturday night each, taking turns as a designated driver. I loved working out but towards the end of the week that Monday high would become a Thursday low. (The graph would look like a bowling ball rolling down a hill). But then on Friday my motivation would come bursting out so I looked good in those new jeans I just bought. But now, I am 40something, living with the person I love, and all I love to do on a Friday night is watch some cool show on TV. So what motivated me this Friday? Looking in the mirror and saying I look good for 43. I never wanted to look good "for" any age. I wanted to look great period. I had used this positive attitude for the past two years but it never made me feel good. It has been my understanding to accept the things I cannot change. But, my body can change and therefore I don't have to accept it.  I don't want to look "good for 43" . I never said when I was 18, "I look good for 18". What I do want is to be unable to tell I am 43. I don't want to run like I am 43, I want to run like " a bat outta hell". I also don't want to breathe like I am 43, I want to breathe like my lungs are newborn. That was my motivation for my Friday. To the gym I went.
I did triceps today. Love triceps . Easy to build and no granny arms! Granny arms are one of the things that made me go back to fitness. I was pointing down the hall to someone at work and saw my underarm jiggle . That was not a sign of age. It was a sign of a passion I let go . I feel that passion coming back. I missed it, I really did. Only knew how much I loved it till I let go. Makes me realize that things do happen for a reason.

In the middle of dips I was up to three, wanting to do just one more. I thought I needed a spurt of energy.....I must have something to be mad about and all at once with no label it came and I did two more reps!!! Neat trick:)
PS. My body was right yesterday because it gave me all it had today.

No comments:

Post a Comment