Thursday, January 8, 2015

Fitness Over 40Something - Drum Beat

Third day! Not only was I able to concentrate on biceps only but I actually made cardio fun. I mean if I am going to walk and listen to music why not try to step to the drumbeat of my favorite songs? I began to notice that the more I made the treadmill and music one, the more enthusiastic I became. One song was a 3.2 another 3.1 and then the faster ones at 3.5. I walked an hour. Wow an hour. Back to biceps. Preacher curls, hammer curls and pull-ups. Pull-ups have been my goal for years. Just one pull-up the old fashioned way. Please just one. All of this time though I was in a rush so concentering on a pull-up came last. Now I am going to work harder at it. Now I can work harder at it. I used the assist and have to say, I needed a lot of assistance. Before, I would have felt defeated, now, it's a nice thing to work for. Will I ever do it? I don't know. Is my body able? I don't know. Was this fun to try and something to look forward to? I knew the answer to that one and it was yes. I decided to feel good about the things I know and not the things I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment