Friday, February 19, 2016

Fitness Over 40Something - 20Something

It has been four months since I wrote. I am hoping that writing about my experience will keep me motivated because I sure do need it now. In the past four months I am now down to 30 assist on the pull up bar! I started a few different schedules until I found the one that worked best for me. I tried six days on and one day off, three days on and one day off, then the winner...five days on two days off. So why do I need to be motivated? Have I gone every day in the past for months? I will be honest and the answer is no. Especially lately it has gotten tough. I do not know if it is because the days are shorter, cold and dreary or am I on the verge of quitting again? I do know that the days are shorter, cold and dreary here in the winter and I also know I do not want to quit. I have to try harder to force the idea of quitting out of my head. That seems just as hard as working out itself but to bad that is not all it takes. I need to think of ways to keep going. One way I was thinking would work is writing in this blog and the other I think is kids. When I say kids I mean the twenty somethings that make the treadmill look like playground, the stair climber look like stairs to Heaven, and the weights look like feathers floating away in the light, free air. Meanwhile the treadmill to me is work, the stair climber is stairs to hell and the weights are like those same feathers dipped in concrete. I wish my body had that same strength and hunger to move as it did when I was younger. This thought makes me sit back and think. Maybe its how I view it. When I was twenty something the treadmill, stair climber and weights were good to me. In age, is it my body or my mind that tells us it's too hard and I can't? I know when I lift weights my body responds the same. I can do the same weight if not more and it feels great. So that tells me it has to be the mind that changes. My thinking is what makes it so hard to lift. If I view it as feathers dipped in concrete then it shall be. So why don't I try to view not only my own body as strong and young but also the workout as fun and easy? That's right, a twenty something mind in a forty something body can only be good right? I want the playground, the stairway to Heaven, and the feathers floating in the light, free air. All I know is Monday nights blog will be pretty interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment