Monday, February 22, 2016

Fitness Over 40Something - I can!

Great morning at the gym. Well maybe not great but really good. Looking back on all I have written so far there seems to be one thing in common that has gotten in the way of becoming fit at forty something. My mindset. Whether it was me thinking how long I should workout, how much I should workout and/or can I workout. It's funny how a person can talk themselves into not doing something. A friend of mine told me don't let anyone tell you you can't. I see that same phrase in commercials, TV shows and in magazines. For me, I don't have anyone telling me I can't. I have always had a great support system telling me only that I can. So where does this "can't" come from? It comes from me. I guess I am my own worst enemy. So, how did it start and most of all how do I or anyone else like me fix it? Can a mindset be changed? I know this morning when I got up early to workout I said "I can". And I did. I said I can lift weights and I did. I said I can realize that time does not matter and that if I only go today that's cool too. There were a bunch of "i cans" and a bunch of "i did's". Feels pretty neat. I know it won't be this simple everyday but it is a start. A start of finding out what is wrong and fixing it. It's funny but  I don't know if I would have noticed this if I did not write this blog. I hope somehow in some way this blog helps other forty, fifty, sixty,seventy, eighty, ninety somethings and higher to get fit and healthy.  All I know today is that I can, we can be gym goers, weightlifters, cardio doers, and class attenders just like the young ones. Now is when we need it the most and now is the time to try to get rid of the "cant's" and replace them with the "cans" and "did's".

No comments:

Post a Comment